Friday, August 20, 2010

How should i go about getting my ex back?

First off, my ex gf broke up with me a month and a half ago. We did the whole no contact thing up until yesterday because i felt i was emotionally stable enough to send her an email. So, i sent her this nice email saying i had no bitter feelings toward her and her decision to break up with me, and that i really valued the times we once shared. In the message I also mentioned how i had realized how i had become totally dependant on the relationship and had lost my independence. I stopped hanging out with friends and doing things on my own. We were together all the time so didnt have much to talk about towards the end. After i sent her this message she called me immediately, i was in the shower and saw i had a message from her to call back so i did. I'll admit the first 5 minutes were a little awkward, but then i really relaxed and we actually had a nice conversation about how we were both doing. i decided i had to be the one to end the conversation of about 30 min, even though i never wanted to get off the phone. so i told i her i was going to bed. the next day i sent her a quick email saying it was nice talking to her and i was glad we talked, i also said it was hard for me to hang up. she responded with basically the same message including how it was hard to hang up as well. i feel like my head is telling me to let go and she will call me if she wants to get back together again, but my heart is telling me (especially since its almost Christmas) to tell her how i truly feel, that i still love her and miss her alot. I know by doing this i will really be putting myself out there, but part of me truly feels that she feels similar. i guess what my question is, should i risk telling her how i feel and risk sounding desperate and that i havent moved on yet, even though i really want to tell her how i feel? OR should I try gradually talking to her more and more to see where things go. i know ill call christmas to just say merry christmas. I also wanted to mention that in the convo she started crying and i think she got a little choked up when she said goodbye. She also said that she has thought about me everyday since the breakup, which i guess is only natural. i also asked her in the convo is she ever truly loved me, and she said that she deffinitely did and that these past 2 1/2 years have been the best of her life. Im 24, shes 23 and we both are working since were out of college, so its not like this is puppy love. i know it was real and i know she knew it was too. Ive heard the expression if you love something let it go, if it comes back to you it was always yours. Should i really go by this or should i try and do a little coaxing? i appreciate all the advice i can get, especially from those of you who have gone through a similar situation and ended up getting your ex back.How should i go about getting my ex back?
Follow your heart and your gut feeling on this. If you want another chance to make the relationship work then you have to ask her. You also need to consider the cause of the break-up ion the first place and work through that so it does not happen again.How should i go about getting my ex back?
Take things slow, build the communication, she is contacting you so that is a good sign. Try not to jump back in to fast and pick up where it left off. after talking a few days ask if she wants to meet for lunch, do not talk about the breakup except to say you learned from your mistakes and will not make them again, and then you do not make them. Good luck I do feel that you are taking the right approach,
Be the bigger man. Continue with what you're doing now. By the looks of things, she really wanted to contact you, so that could mean that she might still want something. On the other hand, it could just be a long period of sadness for her.





Even if this is the case, if you continue to play the bigger man, and try to keep your emotions to the side temporarily, you'll either get over her and move on, or she will want you back, in which case you'll be stable enough to make a decent decision.





Good luck, Tom.
I think you should tell her everything. Tell her about those nights you must've had where you could barely think because she filled your thoughts. Tell her that you love her and that you don't want to let go. I don't think she'll reject you, from the way things sound, she still loves you too. I hope you get her back, good luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment