Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If you won your ex-boyfriend back, how did you do it? ?

It has been one month since my ex boyfriend broke up with me over some trust issues I had with him.





He was previously married for 9 years and has only been divorced for almost a year now. Before me, he dated another woman for 5 months and he broke up with her the same way he did with me; he withdrew emotionally, physically and picked fights with her then broke up with her over the phone. He told me he did this once he realized he was no longer in love with her.





I know he probably broke up with me because he is probably rebounding from being married for so long. I don't think he's dealing with the emotional aftermath of getting divorced in the best way, by dating women so soon after the end of his marriage.





But I can't help wonder if I can successfully win him back, even though he broke up with me.





I emailed him last week and asked him to meet with me to talk but he sent me an email back refusing:





';I understand meeting to clear the air but honestly I do not see us getting back together. Honestly, there are too many things that I need to work through and I just don't see us being togther. With that being said I don't think that I will be seeing you today. Sorry.';





So, what do you think? Should I keep trying or just give up?





We're both in our late 30s by the way.If you won your ex-boyfriend back, how did you do it? ?
Sorry to hear about your present situation. I dated a man IN his first year after his marriage (I think...I can't remember), who said he'd divorced his wife after she'd cheated on him. We were ten years apart in age me 24 and him 34. This was his second ex wife who he'd often accused of drug use and his first of being crazy. I believed neither. He claimed to be over her (the second), but would often bring her up to rag on her, immature and telling. He started off telling me how happy he was he found me, how he wanted to meet the fam, how he wanted a long, committed relationship, blah ,blah, blah.





After awhile he started ';working'; later, getting calls from ';work'; and his ';brother'; when we were together and generally stopped communicating. His plan worked forcing me to break up with him. We dated again off and on repeatedly. It was a huge waste of time. I think that dating divorced men usually is. If somebody else didn't want him, there's a GOOD reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment