Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to tell your parents that you got back with your ex?

I had been going out with my bf for 10 months until I broke up with him. I was still living at home where my parents drove me crazy and we had been fighting. I was aggravated and ready to leave. My parents were happy that I broke up with him. Its not that they dont like him its just hes not up to their standards like when my dad was our age he worked nonstop bc he had us at a young age. My bf has a job at BK but there not impressed. Why? Bc they said he was holding me back. Im in college now but home for the weekend. I just saw my ex for the first time today in months. We got back together. I love him a lot! Were happy together and we both think we can make this work. Although Im happy Im back with him I dont know how to tell my parents without fighting. Am I wrong for getting back with him bc my parents think its better if were not together? Please help!How to tell your parents that you got back with your ex?
Time will tell if you done the smart thing. Send them a card or take him over on Christmas Eve.How to tell your parents that you got back with your ex?
no you are not wrong for getting back with him. But are you going to be able to handle the reasons you broke with him better then you have in the past. You should be with whom you please. Whether your parents approve or not.





As far as telling them, I would wait until you guys are back together a little longer. Just in case things don't work out, you don't want to have your parents tell you I told you so.
just tell them
As much as you should value your parents opinion, that's all it really is. I wouldn't go as far as to tell them they're wrong, because they do have a right to worry, but I would have to make it my own choice as to who I date.





Is he holding you back? As an adult you can juggle a boyfriend and school. Just make sure that your schooling and career are your priority. I know it's harsh and many will disagree. However, as someone who was in a long term relationship out of high school I passed up a prestigious college to go to a local college so that I may stay with my (then)boyfriend. Boy, was I an idiot.
I honestly dont think its any of their business. But if you do decide to tell them then sit them down and say '; ok this is whats going on, my ex and I are back together and we are really happy. we would love your support, in the case that you cant give your support then we ask that you refrain from bad mouthing either one of us. All negative comments will not be accepted and if you insist on being negative then you will not be invited into our relationship like we want you to be.';


I know its easier said than done, but once they see that you mean business then hopefully all goes well.


My husband and I went through the same thing. My parents didnt like him, they thought he was using me. It was my relationship and I wanted it so i had to set very strict boundarys with my parents that they broke time and time again. Every single time something negative was said I would tell them that I did not appreciate that and it was innappropriate and I would physically leave. there is no reason you need to expose your self to that negativity.


I could go on forever about this cause it brings me back to what me and my husband had to endure. I wish you and your boyfriend the best of luck, hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment